Part 10: I’m here! Let me in…..

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

It was a late night. I had my dinner and went upstairs to my room to make my bed.

Finally, after a long and tiresome day, I was going to get some rest. I switched off the lights and went to sleep

After some time I heard some noise outside my room.
I switched on the light and got up.
Slowly I went toward the door.

First I tried to listen from my room. I heard someone shouting and another man saying something. I couldn’t understand what he was saying.
I stood near my door for some time trying to figure out what was going on outside.
Suddenly, it struck me.
Who was this man?

The only male members of my family was my father and our cat.
What’s happening?
Where’ my mom?
I didn’t hear her voice.

It was then that I started to panic.
Something terrible is happening.
I gathered some courage and unlocked the door. Slowly and steadily I opened the door and peaked outside.
I was blinded by the light outside my room. It was bright outside. Almost as if it was daytime.
But how could it be?
It has just been a few minutes that I went to bed.
As I was about to step outside the door; my father came right in front of the door and forced it close from outside my room.
“What’s happening?”, I shouted.
“No matter what happens, Do not open the door”, he yelled.
“You hear me? Do not open this door.”
I was confused and scared.

I stood near the door, holding the handle. But I didn’t lock the door.
My father appeared again.
“Lock this door from inside. Listen to me for once in your life and lock the door”
As I was about to lock the door, I felt a powerful force from outside trying to open the door.

With all my strength I managed to keep the door closed and quickly pulled up the knob and locked myself in.
Slowly I moved away from the door. I could feel my heart beat rising.
Suddenly some one outside knocked on the door.

I didn’t open it.
Then, the person outside pulled the door.
To my horror, the person pulled the door with such strength that the lever of the door lock got bent and suddenly the door was flung open.
I was scared out of my wits. All I could see was a bright light and then there was darkness.
I woke up in my bed by the sound of my alarm clock.
I looked at my phone. It was 6 am. Next, I checked myself.
Huh! I’m alive.
I got down from my bed and went towards the door.
Alas! The door was wide open and the lock, the door lock….
I saw the door lock, broken on the floor……


PREVIOUS                                                                                       NEXT

Comments

Post a Comment

Best article contest