Part 8: The Man in Shorts

It happened in the year 1982. I was a second year BSc Zoology major student. We used to have practical classes late night. Most of the practical classes include dissection of insects.

There was an isolated section in our college, situated near the zoology department. During the late practical sessions, the rooms usually remained dark. One of the rooms had a human skeleton, probably required for the study of human anatomy. The room also had stacks of books, covered in dust. There was an old broken table and a wooden chair. Nobody goes to that dusty room any more.
One such night, we were given ten minutes break from our practical sessions. Some of the students went to the washroom and some were having discussions. I suddenly noticed that the lights on one of the rooms of the isolated section was on.
“Who is in there?”, I wondered.
I started moving toward the section. Inside the room with the skeleton, I saw a man wearing gray shorts, walking back and forth. I could not see his face. I stopped and stared at the room wondering who the person might be.
“What on earth is the person doing in the room at this hour of the night?”, I thought to myself.

A friend of mine called me from behind. The class was about to resume. So I headed back to the class quickly.
After the classes were over, I told one of my friends about what I saw. I was surprised to see the shock on her face.

She told me that previously, few other students have seen this figure too. A man had committed suicide in that very room. A man in grey shorts…….

PREVIOUS                                                                                       NEXT

Comments

Best article contest