Part 6: Hello Friend!

We were childhood friends. We played together and went to school together till the 12th standard. After that, I went to get into an engineering college and became a computer engineer and got a jog in an IT company. My friend started his own business of selling cars.
We were neighbors; so we never lost contact. Whenever we were home for vacations, we would go out together. We would go for long drives or to swim in the nearby river. A few years later I got married. A year later my friend got married too. Oh! How much we enjoyed that day.
It has been 5 years since that day. We became so busy in our life that we had no time to talk to each other. I didn’t realize how quickly time has passed. My friend too got busy with his life, looking after his family in our village and here I am in the city busy with mine.
One day I decided to take a vacation and visit my village. I felt like I needed a break from the humdrum of city life. My wife stayed back with the kids as they had school. I decided to take the bus, just to refresh some old memories.
As the bus travelled on for some hours, the noise of the city could no longer be heard. All I could see now, was the lush green scenery of forests and paddy fields. After hours of travelling, I finally saw the familiar tea stall just outside the village. Ah! Finally, there; after so many years. But a lot has changed over the years. When I stepped out of the bus bus; to my surprise; there he was! My dearest friend.
“How have you been?”, I asked.
“I’m good. I knew you would come to see me.”, he said.
I was surprised. “Really! You were that sure?”, I winked.
We, then walked through the village for talking about our lives. Finally, he said,” I have to go now. I have some urgent work and I can’t stay. You should definitely come to see me today. Good luck”



I too bade him farewell and walked home. When I arrived home, I saw there were many people gathered outside my friend’s house. Even my parents were outside  his house. I was confused. I walked up to my mom and inquired. She was in tears.
“He is gone!”, she said.
“Who?”, I inquired
“Your dear friend, Mohan.”
I was so taken aback that I couldn’t utter a single word.
“He was hit by a car last night while returning home. He died on the spot.”, she continued, “Today is his funeral.”
“But how could that be? I just met him today at the bus stop and we talked along the way home. He even asked me to give him a visit!”.

And then, I saw his dead body cover in white cloth and his picture with  flower beside it. I dropped down unconscious. When I woke up, I told everything to my mom. I had fever for three days. My mom called a priest to cleanse me and the house.



PREVIOUS                                                                         NEXT

Comments

  1. Hey Annanya! Just went through your content. Loved to read it.
    Hey! would like to invite you to write for www.blogpoke.com ... I am one of the admin there. It is not a job, its a place where we may allow you to publish your passionate blogs if you like.

    I found the link of this blog at the whatsapp group.

    If you do agree, leave me an email at meronitdey@outlook.com or contact@blogpoke.com so that we can talk into the matter.

    Hope to reach you very soon... Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would love to be a guest blooger for your site.

      Delete
    2. Ok!!! all good then. Leave me a text at my whatsapp no. +918253863796 so that I can create for you the login details for the site, for guest posting and explain you our criteria as far.
      ~ Cheers !!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Best article contest