What the year 2017 has been for me

2017 for me and my family started on the train to Tirupati. Our destination was the 104the Indian Science Congress, where My Mom, my sister and I were supposed to present papers in our respective subjects. Well, my dad was the only one who was there for nothing; not just for nothing but to take pictures of us presenting papers. Though, the first half of the year went quite well for me, there were several bumps on the road that made me question a lot of things.
Well, the first month of the year began on the train to Tirupati. We did enjoy a lot. Besides the terrible food at the Indian Science Congress, we had the times of our life, visiting Temples, historical places. While returning, we stayed in Chennai for three days and then went to Kolkata. We stayed in Kolkata for two days and finally returned home.


My mom at the 104th Indian Science Congress


My Sister at the 104th Indian Science Congress


Well, Thats me!


My sister competing for the best poster presentation



Thats me presenting my paper

The rest of the months went by with loads of assignments and studies. I started taking driving lessons from 3 am to 7 am and finally my mom bought a car; Renault Kwid, and sold off our Jeep. During the summers, I had to take up an internship at Oil India Limited. It was horrible and I have no words to describe it. There were only two visits to sites and the rest summer was all spent in the geology section.
Then came July, the worst month of the year, when I read the news of Chester Bennington’s death. The person, whose voice has helped me, though many dark times, was gone. My day starts with Linkin Park and ends with it too. My dream to hear him live on stage was shattered. I still wish I could see him one last time.
The month of August too was packed with one tough fight. I had to prepare for my driving test. It included waking up at 3 am and driving till 6 or 7 am and then getting ready for class.
Finally, I got my driving license at the end of September. Though I’m a terrible driver, but I’m learning. Then there were preparation for placements.
Then came the Puja vacations and diwali. We had a nice family outing to Roing, Arunachal Pradesh. My resolution to lose weight and begin a healthy lifestyle too started during this period. I start practicing Yoga and cardio exercises.



Puja celebration

Family outing to Roing

By the end of the month of October, I started to write blogs. I used to write diaries and poems as a kid. One day I came upon a site stating about blogs (I don’t remember the sites name), so I thought, maybe I should start writing one, and here I am.

By the month of December I had finished by course work project and I was finally able to be a better driver. After all, practice makes a woman perfect. I finally decided to start my year by being head strong in pursuing my dreams, what I want to be in my life and not what my parents want me to be. This is my New Year resolution

Comments

Best article contest