Savage or Civilized ?

Today, as I was studying in my room, I suddenly heard our dog barking. So I looked out of the window to see what the matter was. To my surprise, this is what I saw….



A man, hired by my neighbour, was up on the wall and he was chopping down the Guava tree in my boundary. I ran out in time to save the tree but what he had done by that time cannot be undone. This tree has been a part of my family since I was a kid. But that’s not the matter. The matter is how could someone, so educated, doesn’t not care about the environment. We are currently facing global warming and climate change. People everywhere are trying to plant more and more trees. Efforts of afforestation are being made. And here are these great, so called civilized personalities of our society; and not to mention that one of them was a teacher, two are engineers; having no regrets in cutting down a tree. Unfortunately, there is no law here that states that cutting down a tree is a crime; otherwise I would have called for the police. Those idiots think that the leaves of the tree falls on their boundary, so they have the right to cut the only being which is capable of supplying oxygen. And it’s not just them. It’s the mentality of most of the people in our society. Last year I saw a tree being cut down in my department. If a teacher doesn’t realize the importance of trees and environment, what are they teaching our young generation! Cut down trees to keep your surrounding clean? Does this makes us civilized?

Comments

Post a Comment

Best article contest