Part 4: The Strange Encounter



My daughter used to complain to me saying she hears footstep behind her when she is studying. But, hey! Kids are kids. They would do anything to make an excuse not to study. Even I used to do that. I hated when my parents forced me to study or complete my homework first. That’s how kids are!
I live in a nice house, facing a tea garden which was started during the British rule in India. Since then this little town has evolved from a village to a town. Well, our area was established right after the end of the British rule. It’s a quiet and peaceful place, and obviously well planned with most of the residents being teachers or doctors.


My house was bought by my grandfather. Since then, our family had lived and flourished in this little house. I have a daughter, whose 12 years old and a son, who’s 8 years old. We have been living peacefully for years. But, a few weeks ago my daughter’s complain has led me to question myself whether she actually heard someone or maybe she imagined it. She never made any such excuses before.


A few days later, I was in my office room, when I heard someone’s footsteps behind me. I felt as if someone just ran past my back. I turned to see who it was. But there was no one. Kids are at school; my wife has gone out to her work. I was all alone.
I thought that it was my imagination. So I got back to my books. As I opened the bookshelf, to my surprise, there was a boy! Naked and sitting inside the shelf. He quickly snatched the door and closed the shelf. He must be 5 to 6 years old. I stood there in disbelief and scared out of my wits. I stood there for some time, petrified, unable to explain myself of what I saw. Slowly, I gathered my strength and opened the shelf again.
There was no one. Only rows of books and a pin drop silence engulfed me. I couldn’t explain what I saw. But I know I did see something, someone. But where did he go?



When I told about it to my mother, she demanded that I bring an Ojha( A priest) to cleanse the house. When the Ojha came, he said that something came to our house and has been living there for weeks with us. After he cleansed our house, my daughter’s complain stopped. And I have never seen that boy again….






PREVIOUS                                                                      NEXT

Comments

Best article contest