Part 1: In the Dark of the Night









Do you believe in ghosts?

Even I didn't believe in them

But one day, or should I say one night, something happened. 

Something strange. It made me question the existence of an afterlife.

It happened when I was in my tenth standard. I was studying late at night.

The window of my room, which faced towards the tea garden was open.

It was a cold, breezy night. 


At around 12 pm, I closed my books, switched off the lights and laid on my back.

I wasn't feeling sleepy. I felt restless, didn't feel like closing my eyes.

After a while, I felt a little sleepy. But as I was about to close my eyes, a gush of wind blew in through the open window. I saw a small light get in through it.



It came right on top of me. I couldn't move or speak. I tried to shout for my mom, but I couldn't utter a single word.

The light on top of me grew larger and larger..... 

Till it was exactly of my height. I struggled to move, tried to shout. But alas! 

I laid there helpless, pinned down on my own bed, my own room.







Finally, I gathered all my strength, for it was now or never.

I took a deep breath and with all the force I could gather, I shouted

" Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

My mom, who was sleeping in the next room heard me. (Thank God!). She hurried to my room and switched on the light. Suddenly, I felt like I was freed. The thing above me was gone. 

I slept with my mom that night.

But to this day, I am scared to open the windows facing the tea garden. The night still haunts me.


You can share your stories in the comment section below



NEXT

Comments

  1. There was some problem in the comment section

    ReplyDelete
  2. the problem has been resolved. If anyone faces any problem do help me out to fix it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Best article contest