My top five disaster moments

We all have those embarrassing moments in our life that we don't really like talking about. We may have said or done something that we really wish we could undo it. Here is a list of my top five most embarrassing moments and if I ever happen to get my hands on a time machine, I would actually go back and rectify them.

So here it goes...

1. I forgot my Mom's name:


           Yup, that's right. I forgot my Mom's name when I was in the fifth standard. I was walking down the stairs and one of my teacher's asked about my Mom. Where she works, what subjects she teaches (My Mom is an Associate professor of Zoology department). And when my teacher asked me what her name was, I got so nervous that I couldn't remember her name. I tried hard to recall her name but in vain. Finally, my teacher gave me an awkward smile and left.

2. Had to shave my hair:

          One day, as I was watching TV at home, my sister had chewing gum for the first time in her life. Suddenly, I felt something wet touch my head. As I put my hand there, to my horror, it was a chewing gum. My sister after having the gum took it out of her mouth and stuck it on my head. The next day, I had to shave my head as the gum wouldn’t come off. The most horrifying moment was when I had to go to school. I was in the third standard then. I had to wear a bonnet (it happened during the summertime) and was teased for an entire year.

3. Fell down on a bench:

          Falling down on a bench! Well, when I was in the 11th standard, our classroom had two doors, one in front and other at the back. The back would always be locked. So one day as I was talking with my friends after class, without thinking I put my left hand on the door (assuming it to be closed) and there it goes. The door was actually open! I fell right through it on the bench. And as described by my friends, I was there talking to them, and the next moment I was lying flat on a bench (It did hurt a lot).

4. Forgetting a relative's name:

          I’m very bad at remembering people’s names. If someone tells me their name, I’ll definitely forget it after one or two minutes. It’s so bad that sometimes I even forget my friends’ name. One day, one of our relatives came to visit us. As it gets awkward when I can’t remember our relatives’ names, so I made it a point to say that I remember them. This man came to me and said, “Do you remember who I am?”. (It was like he was taking my viva voce). As decided, I said “yes”. Then there goes the million dollar question, “Then say who I am?” Huh, there goes my brilliant plan. I just gave him a broad smile and said, “I don’t know!”

5.  Followed the wrong saree:

          When I was a kid, I had this habit of walking beside my mom and would follow her by watching her saree. One day, as I was walking beside her through the market, I suddenly held her hands and called her. To my surprise, it wasn’t my mom! I have been walking with someone else the whole time. When I looked back, my parents and my sister were there, laughing their hearts out.

That's not just it. There's more. Falling down the stair in my hostel, tripping on the road filled with people and talking to a friend and later realizing that she was actually talking on the phone with someone else, and so the list goes on.

Hope you enjoyed reading and if you have had any such stories, do share it in the comments below

Comments

Best article contest