How I lost 5 kg in 6 weeks

Obesity has become one of the most common problem of the current generation. It poses a great threat to one's body. Being obese, increases the chances of heart disease, causes joint pain, and imposes stress on various organs. Trying to lose weight is a challenge which requires discipline and hard work.

Nowadays, there are many websites that shows various ways and means to lose weight through different types of diets, exercises or by taking pills. But, at the end of the day, our motto to lose weight should not be to get a zero figure. Instead, we should aim to have a healthy body, free from diseases and stress. Being in a good health should be our main motto, no matter the type of figure we posses. Adopting a healthy life style would definitely ensure good health. And as the old saying goes "A healthy mind in a healthy body ".
My first aim before starting my weight loss regime was to get my BMI to its appropriate range. First, I calculated my current BMI, which was 25.2 and it was definitely in the overweight range. Then I calculated what my ideal weight should be for the proper BMI. Then, I planned the routine as follows.
DIET
My first aim is to switch to a healthy diet that would ensure that my body gets the correct amount of nutrition required. 
The first thing I did was to stop the intake of sugar and carbonated drinks. Then, I used a calorie counter app to calculate my daily calorie intake. My daily calorie intake is limited to 1200 calories per day. My diet plan is as follows:

Breakfast: A cup of ginger tea with honey before exercise
100g of steamed rice with boiled daal and vegetable (preferably green leafy vegetables) and chicken/fish (optional) or oats with nuts (almonds/walnuts) and green tea/black coffee without sugar.

Lunch:     one roti with daal or vegetables or green salad made with olive                       oil

Snacks:    one fruit (apple/banana mostly) and green tea

Dinner:    100g of steamed rice with boiled daal and vegetable.

 (Oats for breakfast)
Exercise: 
I would get up at 5 am and dedicate about 50-60 minutes in the morning to work out. For my first week, I started with Yoga. I would perform Surya Namashkar two time and then normal hatha yoga. From the second week onwards my work out regime included yoga for 30 to 35 minutes and then, circuit training for 20 minutes. For circuit training, initially I included two reps of each exercise for 30 seconds and then rest for 40 seconds. Gradually, I increased the reps and decreased the rest intervals.

Since I’m a big fan of chocolates, so on cheat days (which for me is on Sunday) I would have a chocolate mug cake made with olive oil or peanut butter or a Cadbury fuse chocolate
To keep a track of my weight, I bought an electronic weighing machine and measure my weight once every week.
If you have any queries, feel free to contact me through the comment section or via email.



Click on the link below to check out my favourite Oats recipe that you can try

Oats Recipe for lactose intolerant

Comments

Best article contest